Thursday, November 23, 2006


THANKSGIVING



In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. (1 Thess. 5:18 KJV)


We are instructed to give thanks to God "in" everything, not "for" everything. Not all things that happen to us are good nor are they from God.

But even in the midst of the trial, in the midst of the struggle with pain or sickness, we can always give thanks to God for who He is and for what He is doing for us.

The Message Bible says: "Thank God no matter what happens. This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live."

It pleases God when I praise and thank Him for the fulfillment of His promises in my life, even before I see the results. The more I express my faith in God's ability to work all my issues out, and give thanks "in" everything, the better the results I experience.

I have found that the more I magnify God in my life with thanksgiving and praise, the more He magnifies Himself in my life with influence and power.

I will praise the name of God with a song, And will magnify him with thanksgiving. (Psa 69:30)

Digg this

0 comments:

Free Blogspot Templates