Friday, February 09, 2007


Spirit Walk


"There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit" (Rom. 8:1).

Conscience - is the voice of the human spirit.

Reason - is the voice of the soul, or the mind.

Feeling - is the voice of the body, or the flesh.

The Holy Spirit does not bear witness with our reasoning. The Holy Spirit does not bear witness with our feelings. The Holy Spirit bears witness with our spirits.

I’m very careful about using the word "feeling." When we sense the Presence of God in a service, people often say, "I felt it." But we really don't feel it physically so much as we sense it spiritually.

So I am careful to differentiate between the two, because people slip into the feeling realm so easily. Then, when they feel good, they say, "Glory to God! Hallelujah! I'm saved! I'm filled with the Spirit! Everything is fine!"

But when they feel bad, they get a long face and they say, "I've lost it all. I don't feel like I did, so I must be backslidden."

If we go by feelings, we'll get into trouble. That's why so many Christians are up and down, in and out (yo-yo Christians.) They don't walk by their spirits. They don't walk in faith. They go by their feelings.

Rom 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

Digg this

0 comments:

Free Blogspot Templates