Thursday, March 08, 2007

GOD FEAR 2




Jeremiah 32:38-40 And they shall be My people, and I will be their God; and I will give them one heart and one way, that they may fear Me always, for their own good, and for the good of their children after them. And I will make an everlasting covenant with them that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; and I will put the fear of Me in their hearts so that they will not turn away from Me.


Here we see that God wants to do us good, and promises He will not turn away from us. But He also does not want us to turn away from Him. Let's look at a few reasons why:

First, the fear of God is the fountain of life for the believer. Proverbs 22:4 says the fear of God, along with humility, leads us to wealth and honor and life. And Psalm 111:10 says that it gives us skill in life and provides wisdom. A healthy respect and fear of God is the key to life.

Second, the fear of God builds faithfulness in the believer. That passage in Jeremiah tells me that the fear of God has been riveted into our souls by the Holy Spirit to keep us faithful. The true test of a man or woman is not what you do when everyone is looking. The real test of a man or woman is what you would do if you knew no one would find out.

Fearing God means I practice His presence in my life daily-nothing is hidden from Him. He sees everything. He knows everything. I can't hide in the darkness and sin. I can't sneak away from His all-seeing eyes or omnipotent mind. And, yes, that does keep me faithful.

Digg this

0 comments:

Free Blogspot Templates