Thursday, October 12, 2006

Who is my Father?

Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

1Jo 3:1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

Heavenly Father - Connected by Jesus Christ

GOD (Jehovah)

Jesus speaks to Mary: Joh 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Spiritual Father - Connected by Spirit

Jesus Christ (Priest of the Church) - (Shepherd of the Church)

Jesus Speaks to the sick of palsy: Mat 9:2 And, behold, they brought to him a man sick of the palsy, lying on a bed: and Jesus seeing their faith said unto the sick of the palsy; Son, be of good cheer; thy sins be forgiven thee.

Covenant Father - Connected by Covenant

Pastor (Priest of a Congregation) - (Shepherd of a Congregation)

Paul writes to the Church: 1Co 4:14 I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you.

Earthly Father - Connected by Flesh or Law

Dad (Priest of his Family) - (Shepherd of his Family)

Hebrews speaks of God's chastisement: Heb 12:9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

Digg this

0 comments:

Free Blogspot Templates